Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chocolate Cake!

I came across a recipe for a three layer chocolate zucchini cake at Purple Chocolat Home and thought that it sounded great and looked like it would be easy enough to make. I decided to have my niece, Sammi, help me while I watched her and her sister Bentley. Sammi and I made the cakes during the babies morning naps and then made the frosting and frosted it while they took their second nap. Thought you might like to know that we didn't ignore the little ones to make a cake. :)

Granted, mine didn't turn out as pretty as theirs, but it sure tasted good.



It was great fun. Sammi thoroughly enjoyed making the cake with me and getting to lick beaters and scrappers.

She added a nice touch with green and red sprinkles. :)


Even with supervision, Curtis and Bentley sure made a mess! I've never seen so many toys and stuff on the floor. They also emptied off two book shelves filled with movies and cd's! Despite the mess, everyone had a great day!


2 comments:

  1. How cute! Looks like everybody had a fun day with Auntie Stephanie. :) I think you should post the recipe or at least email it to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang girl! Martha Stewart watch your back!

    ReplyDelete