Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wow, It's Been a Month!

So sorry for not updating lately. I just never seem to get around to it. That's the story of my life with journal writing. Maybe if I felt more eloquent with words I'd update more, but maybe not.

Anyhow, we are all alive and well. :) Curtis learns something new everyday! He's about 16.5 months old now and walks 95% of the time. If he's in a hurry he will crawl b/c it's faster than walking. Thankfully he is not running!...yet. He jabbers all of the time. He loves saying the same thing over and over. Most of the time it sounds like puppy or daddy, but yesterday it sounded like mommy! Yeah!! He has said dad for months, but couldn't bother saying mom. Curtis loves his dad! It's bad news if Curtis knows that Travis is leaving and not taking him with him. Curtis cries and cries. He eventually gets over it if you distract him, but he would much rather be with his dad. He is doing great with his signing. I should do more with him, but I don't. Most of his signs come from his cheek, but his sign for help is the best! He does the sign to get a trucker to honk. Yep, and he does it with such vigor. The sign for help has been a LIFE SAVER! It has cut down on 90% of his screaming!! Now he signs for help instead of screaming. :)
His other fun thing lately is to be the center of attention and to be a goof ball. He loves to put on a show for people. He scrunches up his face and makes this cheesy grin and does a fake laugh. It's super funny and so everyone laughs and he laughs back thinking he's something special. It's a crackup.

I just had my 26th birthday and I got to celebrate all week! Cake with family, dinner with friends, dinner with Travis and Curtis, a cake from Travis and a bike!! Travis is so good to me. :) I also went cross country skiing for the first time. It was my first time on skis ever and boy was it an adventure. A friend invited me and a few other friends on a ski weekend. It was good bonding, but let me just say that skiing is a full body workout and you should not learn to ski on hills, even little ones. I have never fallen down so much in my life and have never been so sore. I'm pretty sure that I used/injured every muscle in my body. Despite all of the falling, I would be willing to try it again. It was a good time with friends. :)

Travis is working away. He has a birthday at the end of the month and is just trucking along. School, FFA, scouts, farming and family keep him pretty busy.

Well, that's the latest on us. Hopefully I will update again soon and share some video, or at least pictures of the little monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment