Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Stairs

What really got me thinking about blogging was because I wanted to share stories of Curtis. I can't believe how fast he learns things. I've spent a lot of time around babies in my life, but never really understood how smart they are. Curtis isn't even a year old and loves to just sit and look at books, knows what he likes and doesn't and tells me so. It just blows my mind!

So about the stairs. A few weeks ago we were at the vet clinic and Curtis climbed up two steps to get a big teddy bear that Candy (the office manager) was tempting him with. I was shocked, impressed and nervous. I wasn't ready for him to be interested in stairs. Most of the time he roams free around the house, but now I was going to have to keep a closer eye on him. Well, much to my relief, he has paid no attention to our stairs. He likes to play at them, but made no attempt to go up them.

Fast forward to yesterday. My neighbor, Lyn, watched Curtis for me while I was at work. She asked me if he climbs stairs and I told her no, he likes to play at them, but doesn't really care about them otherwise. Well, I was informed when I picked him up that they found him at the top of the stairs, looking around to figure out how to get down. I should have known that with the right motivator Curtis will do anything and a friend to play with seemed to be what he needed. So alas, the stairs are no longer safe and the baby gate has gone up. Travis is having fun climbing the stairs with him and is working on teaching him how to safely come down the stairs.

Needless to say, my little man is growing up way too fast, but I love watching him learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment