Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mommy & Me

After a little nudge from a RS lesson I decided that I needed to find more things to do with Curtis. Sure, he's great at playing by himself, but I wanted to have more interaction with him. So on the hunt I went. I've found a few things and will hopefully find some more, but here's what we've been up to.

We made finger paints

Then got Curtis prepped with is apron. Doesn't he look excited!



That's a little better.

Then we were ready to paint on the table covered with freezer paper. Freezer paper is great b/c the back has a plastic coating so the paint doesn't seep through!






Curtis liked it for a little while, but he really didn't like having his fingers dirty.


So we got out the crayons and moved to the other end of the table.


I drew at his direction and he drove his cars.


A few days later Curtis found my molecule building set. It may not have proven useful in Intro Chemistry in college, but Curtis sure loved it!

"I see you!"




Anyhow, we'll see what the next couple of weeks bring, but I hope to be able to do some more fun things with Curtis before his little world gets turned upside down. And any suggestions are most definitely welcome.




2 comments:

  1. I saw this idea and thought I'd share, http://hippiehousewife.blogspot.com/2012/01/mess-free-finger-painting.html

    I'll send you an email in a bit with more ideas I've found. Good luck, its a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I want to know about the red and grey boards behind Curtis to the left. What are those? Is it an organizer? Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete