Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Bit of Self Pity

This may not be the best place for this, but I need an outlet and like to type.

I just feel out of sorts and don't know why and don't like it. This isn't a new thing, it's come and gone for several months now. I feel out of touch with friends and just don't know what to do with myself. I've lost motivation to do things or just feel so overwhelmed but all that I could be doing that I do nothing. I hate sitting around staring at my house and all that needs to be done but not wanting to do anything about it. Really I'm just not a home body, but have no place to go to escape. I should probably be a better mom and play more directly with Curtis, but he does such a good job of playing by himself that I just let him be.

I need to find my spark/vest for life. I need to find joy in motherhood and being a stay at home mom. Maybe I need to quite whining and just do something about it.


4 comments:

  1. I have so been there many times before. Its never fun during those transition moments where your life seems to be redefining itself. Where you feel like you don't know who you are and that your just standing there while life is passing you by. I promise it ends and its amazing to see how much you can grow during those times. The process totally sucks though, I'm sorry. PS we so need to play soon, its been FOREVER and long overdue. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts. I miss you too. To be totally honest, not having you around has been a lot harder than I thought. And yes, it has been FOREVER and we need to rectify that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. I've gone through so many of those phases. Actually, I kind of feel like I'm going through one right now. Just a thought... one of the things always seems to be my saving grace is a pass to the rec center. It's such a great outlet for me. I love meeting people and making new friends and I've made a lot of new friends with people there. It's such a great facility! Even though it's a little spendy, I absolutely love it. It's great for the kids and those dreary winter days when the cabing fever is killing you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your thoughts Rita. It's nice to hear sometimes that others struggle too. Thanks also for the Rec Center idea. I'll have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete